Frequently Asked Questions
Dear IPNIG Member,
Questions from members come in a variety of needs, i.e., nursing
standards, business acumen and social media usage, etc. As volunteers we
are limited to providing self-help reference material.
IPNIG posts research, literature and resources to answer your
questions, on the Professional Practice page.
Examples of Frequently Asked Questions
IPNIG Members are encouraged to use IPNIG Links and Resources
- Can a Nurse incorporate? Does the corporation name have to be my name - John Doe Inc. Are there forms to complete for College of Nurses?
- Can a nurse have a web Site ? Can it have a generic Name; i.e., ABC Health Care Inc.? Can I put my name on a web site describing the nursing services I offer?
- I function as a sole proprietor. I was told my choice of name for the web site or business doesn’t have any stipulations – and I am free to do as I like? What is correct?
- For my business I created a Self Help Tool Kit consisting of a written booklet and a self-help disk. Can I sell this "tool kit" to a workshop attendee? If not, can the "Self Help Tool Kit be included in the pre-paid registration fee for the workshop?
- I wrote an e-book and I want to offer it through a download at a nominal fee, is this permitted?
- Can I work as a consultant and conduct instructional programs? Do I need to be connected to a health care team or medical doctor?
- As a registered nurse I want to provide education services that are within the scope of nursing standards. Can I provide education sessions to clients, paid in advance, on a closed online webinar?
- Can I, as a registered nurse in an incorporated company, provide my health services in a wide range of different jurisdictions; e.g., US, Australia, anywhere in Canada, etc.?
- As a business operator I want to offer an early bird discount, for booking a certain time in advance? Is this permitted?