How to Join...
||Go to RNAO Membership page.
||To register or renew click here.
||Mark your RNAO registration that you want to join Independent Practice Nurses Interest Group (IPNIG). Note: You may join more then one Interest Group.
Pay the RNAO fee, plus the fee for Independent Practice Nurses Interest Group.
Registered Nurses $35
FREE for Students
IPNIG Members–Ask yourself... “Should I become involved in IPNIG Leadership Work?” The answer is definitely “YES”!
Needed! ... more
Needed! ... more
Guidelines for Volunteers.
click here to read guidelines
Download the fact sheet now!
Independent Practice Nurses Interest Group IPNIG
Regular members of the Registered Nurses Association of
Ontario can choose to join from over 30 interest groups. All
groups listed with asterisk qualify for membership discount. See
list of groups ... cclick here
Bonus & Recruitment Reward!
If you recruit a nurse colleague to join OHNIG you will
receive five bonus points. If you recruit 4 new members your
OHNIG membership is “free!”
Canadian Nurses Association CNA
Canadian Nurses' Association (CNA)
membership is now optional with your RNAO Membership, for an
additional cost of $62.09 per year.
IPNIG Membership Benefits
- Professional Development
- Continuous Learning
- Resource Advice and Career Option
- Professional Practice Nursing Profile Directory
- Member meetings – AGM and Planning
- Member Surveys, E-Newsletter, E-News
- Networking, Conference Calls, online Webcasts
- Member’s Workshops, Credit Education Hours
- Affiliation Canadian Occupational Health
- Nurses Association COHNA
- Advocate Public Forums for Future Sustainable Health Care
- Advocate for Utilization of Registered Nurses Full Nursing
- Affiliation Canadian Nurses Association
- Reduced fee to write the CNA Occupational Health Nurses
- Professional Nursing Liability Program PPE options
- Legal Assistance Program (LAP) (optional)
- Malpractice and Business Insurance (optional)
- Group discount Insurance Plans for Personal Health,
Disability, Home and Auto Insurance
- Discounts on workshops, conferences, NewsLetter E-Blast,
Journals & Information Links
- Advance education funding resources, i.e., bursaries, grants,
scholarships and fellowships
IPNIG Members: Do you have the the right insurance coverage?
All Nurses are regulated by the College of Nurses of Ontario's
(CNO). The Minister of Health and Long-Term Care issued a
directive to the CNO requiring all nurses to have professional
liability protection (PLP) Check the CNO's website to be sure you
have the required liability protection for your nursing services.